Every once in awhile I find it helpful to actually sit down and remind myself of all of the things that make me happy. This is one of those times.
- My husband
- My cats. I have a favorite of the four, but I’ll never divulge who it is.
- Sunrise when I’m coming home from my last night shift of the week.
- Apple pie
- Spending time with friends
- Fresh laundry (even though I hate doing it and folding it. The end product is worth it. Especially since I discovered Downey Unstoppables – they keep the laundry smelling fresh a lot longer)
- Lazy mornings in bed where I don’t have to get out immediately and can enjoy the comfort and warmth
- Reading and allowing myself to be transported to another world
- When things work out. Every once in awhile the universe aligns and everything just seems to fall into place.
- I just discovered that the keyboard on my laptop has a backlight that I can turn on
- Good meaningful conversations. I hate small talk, so being able to have a real meaningful conversation about whatever is rewarding
- When Newton curls up against my hip and watches TV with me just because he wants to cuddle
- Being able to relax because my to-do list is done
- Good food
- Doctor Who
This list is (I’m sure) far from complete, but this is what I was able to come up with in ten minutes. Sometimes it’s just good to have a little reminder, especially when a month and a half ago everything seemed so bleak.